Welcome to Shaker Mountain Farm
HOME OF PURE VERMONT MAPLE SYRUP – STARKSBORO, VERMONT
Shaker Mountain Farm is a small, family business set above the Huntington River Valley in Starksboro, Vermont. Our Vermont Organic Farmers certified organic, pure Vermont maple syrup is produced from a bird-friendly sugarbush.
Learn more about who we are.
Did you know?
- On average, 43 gallons of maple sap make 1 gallon of maple syrup.
- It takes a sugar maple tree approximately 40 years to grow to the recommended 10 inches in diameter for tapping.
- Pure Vermont maple syrup contains 50 calories per tablespoon and 29 grams of carbohydrates, and is a natural source of antioxidants and minerals.
- Pure Vermont maple syrup is gluten and dairy free!
- Once maple syrup is opened, it must be refrigerated. It can also be stored indefinitely in the freezer.
Golden Delicate’s subtle maple flavor is best appreciated when used on pancakes or waffles, or paired with rich dairy items like yogurt or vanilla ice cream.
Try it over Greek yogurt, or for a simple but elegant dessert, simply pour this grade of Vermont syrup over vanilla ice cream.
Full of characteristic maple flavor, this syrup is equally as good over waffles as it is in salad dressings, cocktails or in a maple-sweetened barbecue sauce.
If you’re only going to have one grade of Vermont maple syrup in your kitchen, make it Amber color with Rich taste.
Good for all around use, Dark Robust’s hearty flavor is a great choice for all kinds of recipes. Pour over baked apples or squash, use as a glaze for meats and vegetables, or sweeten baked goods.
This grade pairs well with smoky and spicy flavors like chipotle peppers, sriracha or bourbon.